Unlock 5.0: Closed Door Events at 50% of Hall Capacity, and Max 200 Persons, Allowed From Oct 15
by EVENTFAQS Bureau Industry Watch | October 1, 2020 | News
Unlock 5.0 Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
With an aim to ease the flow of activities in the state, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued new guidelines for Unlock 5.0 for opening up of more activities in areas outside the COVID-19 Containment Zones.
In these guidelines, which have come into effect from October 1, 2020, the process of re-opening of activities has been extended further. The new guidelines are based on feedback received from States and Union Territories, and extensive consultations held with related Central Ministries and Departments.
Activities permitted from October 15, 2020, in areas outside the Containment Zones include:
- Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes will be permitted to open with up to 50% of their seating capacity, for which SOPs will be issued by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions will be permitted to open, for which, SOP will be issued by the Department of Commerce.
- Swimming pools being used for training of sportspersons will be permitted to open, for which the standard operating procedure (SOP) will be issued by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MoYA&S).
- Entertainment parks and similar places will be permitted to open, for which the SOP will be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- For re-opening of schools and coaching institutions, State/ UT governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15 in a graded manner.
“States/Union Territories cannot dilute the aforesaid guidelines issued by MHA. State/ UT Governments shall not impose any local lockdown, outside the containment zones, without prior consultation with the Central Government. Further, there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods including those for cross land-border trade under treaties with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/ approvaI/ e-permit will be required for such movements,” the MHA said in an official statement.
Regulation of gatherings
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations had already been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons, outside Containment Zones only. Now State/ UT Governments have been given the flexibility to permit such gatherings beyond the limit of 100 persons, outside Containment Zones, after October 15, 2020, which will be subject to the following conditions:
1. In closed spaces, a maximum of 50% of the hall capacity will be allowed, with a ceiling of 200 persons. Wearing of face masks, maintaining social distancing, provision for thermal scanning and use of hand wash or sanitizer will be mandatory.
2. In open spaces, keeping the size of the ground/ space in view, and with strict observance of social distancing, mandatory wearing of face masks, provision for thermal scanning and hand wash or sanitizer.
To ensure that such gatherings do not spread COVID-19, State/ UT Governments will also issue detailed SOPs to regulate such gatherings, and strictly enforce the same. However, lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till October 31, 2020.
Cinemas, theatres, multiplexes will be permitted to open with up to 50% of seating capacity. In closed spaces, events allowed at 50% of hall capacity, with a ceiling of 200 persons from October 15.