Dubai Tourism Releases Event Industry Guidelines for MICE, Leisure and Other Events
by EVENTFAQS Bureau Industry Watch | August 5, 2020 | News
After the lockdown since March 2020 to prevent spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, Dubai has recently opened its doors for on-ground events. Dubai’s first event, Tomorrowland, was hosted on 25th and 26th July following health and safety measures. On 2nd August, the governing council of the Indian Premier League announced that this year’s tournament will be held in Dubai from 19th September to 10th November.
Dubai Tourism has now released event industry guidelines for reopening of live events, which include some important restrictions and protocols that will be mandatory. These include:
- Mandatory temperature checks for all onsite staff at regular intervals.
- Approved social distancing guidelines in Back of House and Front of House areas.
- Pre-shift briefings to be held virtually where possible.
- Sterilization of all assets, equipment and public areas prior to reopening of venue.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers across the facility.
- For events with multiple conference/shows on a daily basis sanitization to be undertaken after every show/conference and sufficient time intervals [minimum 30 minutes for all event types under 25 persons and 60 minutes for all events with more than 25 persons.
- Isolation Zones to host suspected cases until transition to Dubai Health Authority [DHA] for further checks.
- Thermal scanners across all entry points for screening visitors - all visitors to be screened through contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue [through main gates and parking areas].
- Face masks at all times in the venue.
- Registration areas to be used to scan pre-registered guests for entry and minimum 2m distance for queuing with floor markers.
- Minimum 2m social distancing corresponding into 1 person per 4 sqm gross.
- Dedicated ticket sales area and box offices to sell tickets ensuring compliance to social distancing requirements with floor markers. Automated ticket dispensation with contactless payments encouraged.
- Minimum of two vacant seats equivalent between each person/seat if not from a single group.
- Individuals to refrain from all greeting customs that involve physical proximity, and must not approach the groom/bride or performers on stage.
- Buffet allowed subject to application of minimum social distancing guidelines and only If served by waiting staff or served on guest table [no self service]
- Individual sports and associated training rules to follow Dubai Sports Council (DSC) guidelines.
Click here to read the event protocols released by Dubai Tourism.
Dubai Tourism has released event industry guidelines for reopening of live events, which include some important restrictions and protocols that will be mandatory.