EEMA Associates with Amity University Uttar Pradesh to Bring in Right Talent into the Industry
by EVENTFAQS Bureau Industry Watch | March 11, 2019 | News
EEMA (Event and Entertainment Management Association) signed an MOU with Amity University Uttar Pradesh (AUUP) on 21st February 2019 commencing the first such official association between any major university and India’s apex industry body for events.
Vipul Pandhi, Vice President North– EEMA and Dr. Pallavi Majumdar, Joint Head, Amity School of Communication signed the memorandum formalizing the association between AUUP and EEMA.
AUUP is India’s leading research and innovation-driven private university, which has state of the art and high-tech campuses located at Noida, Lucknow and Dubai. Graded A + by NAAC, the University is committed to providing outcome-based, industry-focused education and nurtures an inclusive environment to serve diverse needs of students, faculty, and staff. AUUP faculty and students have over 6000 publications, 500 books, 300 ongoing research projects and 1001 patents filed in the last few years.
Amity School of Communication (ASCO) is amongst the top 5 media schools in the country with over 1600 students, nine programmes at the UG and PG level and state of the art audio-visual facilities including community radio. ASCO is continuously engaged in research and consultancy with the government, industry bodies and NGOs.
EEMA will be helping Amity with
- Putting together a curriculum relevant to today’s industry requirement.
- Training the faculty with industry-specific knowledge enabling them to teach better.
- Providing on the job training to event management students by engaging them at live events.
- Training interns in their member organizations as a part of on the job training modules.
- Facilitate the hiring of Amity students by EEMA member agencies.
Amity University will
- Facilitate course and programme review to ensure that industry relevant feedback is incorporated at regular intervals as per Amity University guidelines.
- Identify students interested in placements within EEMA member companies and coordinate the process.
- Periodically propose a schedule for guest lectures by EEMA member companies.
- Identify and train faculty to teach in relevance to the event ecosystem.
- Facilitate a placement day for EEMA member companies to select graduates for placement.
- Identify students to participate in live events and gain hands-on experience.
Event management as an industry is one of the fastest growing industries in India, directly and indirectly, employing lakhs of people in the country. As people continue to invest in events and experiences the need for qualified event professionals is at record height.
According to Vipul Pandhi, there is a huge demand for event professionals in every department be it business development, client servicing, design or operations across event agencies. We expect such collaborations to produce the right talent for the industry to ensure we have enough youngsters to take up important roles within the event industry a few years down the line.
“It is imperative to close the gap between the industry and academia to enable the students to hit the ground running. This collaboration is the right step in this direction,’’ said Dr. Pallavi Majumdar, Jt. head, ASCO
The signing of MOU was attended by EEMA member agencies including Sanjeev Pasricha (EVP-EEMA and MD – CS Direkt Events and Exhibitions), Atul Chabra ( Jt. Sec. North – EEMA and Director – Enthuse Answers Pvt. Ltd.), Harjinder Singh (Director – Show Works Events), Shalini Beriwal (Director-Magnificence ), Jagmohan Singh (Director- TNBT Events) and Sarvjit Singh (Director- Divine Entertainment).
Dr. Pallavi Majumdar (Jt. Head, ASCO), Dr. Gauri Chakraborty (Jt. Head, ASCO), Prof R K Dargan (Advisor, ASCO), Prof Marshall Sahni (Dean Students Welfare, AUUP) also attended the MoU signing.
Education and talent development is one of the key focus areas of current EEMA Leadership. The education committee chaired by Sultan Ahmed of LXL Ideas and Co-chaired by Deepak Choudhary from Event Capital is driving the education agenda for EEMA. Some path-breaking initiatives are underway and slated to be launched very soon.
“Shortage of talent is one of the biggest challenges faced by the event industry today. Such collaborations with India’s leading universities like Amity can really be a game changer three years down the line”, EEMA representatives stated.
EEMA (Event and Entertainment Management Association) signed an MOU with Amity University Uttar Pradesh (AUUP) stating their first official association.