Axis Bank Launches Augmented Reality Feature on its Mobile App
by EVENTFAQS Bureau Industry Watch | August 26, 2016 | News
Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank has recently rolled out an Augmented Reality (AR) feature on its mobile app. The feature enables users of the Axis mobile app to conveniently locate and navigate to the nearest Axis Bank ATMs, Branches, preapproved residential properties and more, on a real-time basis.
The ‘Near Me’ section is available in the pre-login module of Axis Mobile app, thereby making it accessible to anybody who downloads the app. Users of the mobile app can view actual streets in a 360 degree mode, through their mobile phone camera, anywhere in the country. The details of the location / venue will pop up on the mobile screen as the user moves around the streets. In addition to the AR feature, the bank offers a bouquet of services like pre login bill payments that help customers save time while paying electricity, mobile bills and recharging DTH services.
Speaking on the new tech integration in the mobile app, Amit Sethi, President and Chief Information Officer, Axis Bank said, “New technology is truly making banking convenient, simple and delightful. Our AR feature, ‘Near Me’, helps users to easily identify not just ATMs & Branches, but also restaurants, pre-approved properties and much more on the go. We are confident that this technology in Banking will be highly accepted by a large customer base. We look forward to alliances with more merchant partners for special deals and services based on customer preferences.’’
The following services will be offered by the bank, on its ‘Near Me’ module:
1. ATMs & Branches: Helps in easily locating and navigating to the nearest Axis Bank ATMs & Branches.
2. Dining Delights: Helps in identifying nearby restaurants which are under the Bank’s Dining Delights program. These restaurants offer discounts (minimum 15%) for Axis Bank Debit and Credit Cards.
3. Pay with eDGE Rewards: Locates nearby stores where Axis Bank Credit Card holders can pay with eDGE loyalty points accumulated by them.
4. Pre-approved Properties: Locates all nearby properties that have been preapproved by the Bank.
5. Sunday Brunch: Locates nearby restaurants under the Bank’s Sunday Brunch programme.
With this new development, Axis has become the first Bank to introduce augmented reality technology innovation, offering an interactive and engaging way of navigating banking solutions.
AR view incorporated in the ‘Near Me’ functionality, is available to all individuals who download the Axis Mobile App.