Guwahati - Gateway To Northeast India; Vivanta by Taj - The Perfect Starting Point
by Aanchal Dhawan Industry Watch | February 16, 2016 | Feature
Vivanta by Taj
Guwahati - Gateway to the Northeast
Serving as the starting point for most Northeast itineraries, Guwahati, with an area spanning 1528 sq. km, is the largest city of Assam. Fabulously positioned between the banks of the Brahmaputra river and the foothills of the Shillong plateau, it is the most widely used entry point to explore the finest that the seven sister states have to offer.
Guwahati boasts of good connectivity. Direct flights from metropolitan cities like Bangalore , Kolkata, New Delhi & Mumbai operate to Guwahati. The adventurous can undertake an exciting road trip originating in Guwahati, crossing Myanmar and eventually head to Thailand.
Places of interest in and around Guwahati
If you're a nature lover, head to Chandubi Lake located at the foot of the Garo Hills, and engage in some bird watching or better, just enjoy a lovely lakeside picnic soaking in the tranquil vibes. You could also head to the Kamakhya Temple on the Nilachal Hill and witness throngs of Tantric devotees flood the temple during an annual festival called Ambubachi Mela. However, if archeology is what interests you, Madan Kamdev boasts of ruins that date back to the 9th and 10th centuries AD. Witness natural beauty at its best at the Umananda island, also known as the Peacock Island for its distinct shape. If wildlife is what gets you going, head to the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary or the Kaziranga National Park and spot the Great Indian one-horned rhinoceros. While in Kaziranga, engage in a round of golf at the Kaziranga Golf Resort, where the challenging 18 hole, par 71 golf course in the midst of a tea garden is a first of its kind in the world and is developed on a 150 acre site.
Vivanta By Taj, Guwahati
An urban oasis that blends history with modern style, Vivanta By Taj located on the Guwahati-Shillong highway, spans 5 acres of manicured greens and boasts of a tranquil and contemporary ambience with splashes of local colours. On entering, don't miss checking out the stunning cupola in the lobby, that draws inspiration from the famous Kamakhya Temple and the jaw-dropping 1008 sacred bells that elevate the lobby's ambience considerably. The hotel boasts of 150 luxurious rooms, an array of dining options, top-notch meeting facilities, a Health Club, Salon and Jiva Spa, that aim to cater to most of your needs.
• The hotel has an independent convention complex that houses probably the largest meeting cum social space in North East India with over 25,000 sq. feet of conference and meeting space inclusive of a 6230 sq. feet pillar-less ballroom.
• A number of meeting rooms on the hotel's ground floor can play host to your next MICE seamlessly.
• The Joysagar I and Joysagar II seat upto 250 people each in different arrangements and can be combined to cater to 600 pax in a cocktail dinner setting.
• The Rudrasagar I & II cater to 25 people each and can be combined to cater to up to 50 pax in varied arrangements.
• The Banquet Lawn I boasts of an area of 5067 sq ft. and can host up to 400 people while the Banquet Lawn II is another great venue to host your next reception and can cater to 450 pax.
• The Lobby Lawn is another great event location that can host up to 450 people.
After winding up with your meeting/conference, head to the Jiva Spa where a holistic and rejuvenating experience awaits you.
Go beyond the ordinary
Guwahati boasts of a number of exciting activities that you can partake in, memories of which will surely make your trip unforgettable.
• When in Assam, a Tea Expedition is a MUST. Go on one and discover the various varieties of aromatic tea leaves and purchase some Assamese tea to bring back home.
• Engage in some silk trade in Sualkuchi, the prime centre of Assam's silk hand-loom industry and DO NOT miss buying some exquisite handloom saris for your loved ones.
• Take a river cruise on the glorious Brahmaputra river and spot fresh water dolphins and black-necked cranes, that'll make for another extraordinary experience.
• You could also go on a Temple Tour and pay homage to the numerous religious sites that adorn Guwahati and areas nearby.
• Kolkata - Guwahati - Shillong - Kolkata
• Guwahati - Tezpur - Kaziranga - Guwahati
• Bhutan - Guwahati - Thailand
• Guwahati - Myanmar - Thailand (road)
Overlooking hills, surrounded with expanses of green and serene water bodies, Vivanta by Taj, aims to craft a luxurious experience in the midst of serenity and offers to be the perfect takeoff point to commence your quest of unraveling the finest that the seven sister states have to offer.
To find out more on planning and assistance of your next MICE at Vivanta by Taj, Guwahati, please direct your queries to:
Mr. Debojyoti Basak
Vivanta by Taj, Guwahati
The hotel aims to craft a luxurious experience in the midst of serenity and offers to be the perfect takeoff point to commence your quest of unravelling the finest offerings from the 7 sister states.