The 61st Filmfare Awards Made Open to the Public for the First Time; Show Managed by Cineyug
by EVENTFAQS Bureau Entertainment | January 29, 2016 | News
The 61st Filmfare Awards presented annually by The Times Group to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the Bollywood fraternity was a grand affair that took place on Jan. 15 at The Dome, NSCI, Mumbai. The event witnessed some never seen before performances on an extravagant set with new technology elements, revolving around the show's theme - 'An evening of gratitude'. For the first time, Filmfare was made open to the public as a ticketed event.
Commenting on the execution of the event, Mohomed Morani, Director, Cineyug said, "On behalf of Cineyug, as a team, we ensured to deliver beyond excellence for Filmfare 2016, with constraint deadlines, putting up the façade at Dome, scripting process as well as execution of acts. It has been an incessant week of manic preparation and an enjoyable experience to endeavour the 'Oscar's' of Bollywood- Filmfare".
The event was a starry evening filled with B-town performances by Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt, Salman Khan, and Shahrukh Khan among others, while Kapil Sharma and Karan Johar hosted the event with their cheeky humour.
All the performances roped in the theme of 'attitude is gratitude' making it stand apart from the usual shows on television.
Highlights from the evening:
- Newbie Kriti Sanon in a traditional avatar performed on the ‘heroine of the golden era’- Sadhanaji’s songs.
- Ranveer Singh performed on romantic songs like Ruk Ja Oh Dil Deewane (DDLJ), Phir Milenge, Chalte Chalte and more, as an ode to the man, Aditya Chopra, who introduced 'lights, camera, action' in his journey in Bollywood.
- Alia Bhatt danced to the tunes of 'Bhatt Legacy', the songs she grew up listening to.
- Salman Khan did a stunning entry from the audience and performed with aunties and kids of all ages.
- Jacqueline Fernandes shook a leg to the director’s nominated film songs of 2015 in a beautiful dramatic fusion!
- Mika Singh aka Ganman along with Kanika Kapoor broke away from the clutter and sang their favourite singers’ numbers.
- SRK did a jig with Alia revolving around new age romance vs stereotypical romance.
- While Bajirao Mastani swept away the 61st Filmfare Awards on Friday night, actors from Piku, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, and Dum Laga Ke Haisha also took away the coveted black lady for their outstanding work.
The ticketed event took place on Jan 15 at The Dome, NSCI, Mumbai and featured acts by SRK, Jacqueline Fernandes, Ranveer Singh and more.