• Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
• Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
• Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches
• Working on layouts and art working pages ready for print
• To deliver tight, pixel- perfect designs that demonstrate superior consistency and attention to detail across multiple communication channels and design tools.
• To design Stage, stalls & layout branding and other communications for events & exhibitions.
• Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Free Hand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D Max,2D Max, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Flash
• Developing interactive design
• Commissioning illustrators and photographers
• Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists, whether they're self-employed, working freelance or employed within a business, graphic designers often have to be proactive in presenting or 'pitching' their ideas and designs to the agency director and/or prospective clients.