BESydney launches latest event planning guide for Sydney and NSW
by EVENTFAQS Bureau | Corporate/Brand Marketing | February 17, 2012
Looking to plan an event in Australia's number one business event destination? Business Events Sydney's (BESydney) 2012/13 edition of the Sydney and New South Wales Event Planner's Guide (EPG) will be launched at the Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo 2012 (AIME) next week.
A comprehensive resource featuring the most up to date event and meeting planning information, the annual Sydney and New South Wales EPG is an extensive 90-plus page free "one-stop-shop" for event planners around the world.
This year's EPG profiles how the Sydney event experience is unique, innovative and cost effective, and provides capacities, details and contacts for over 200 Sydney and New South Wales event suppliers.
"Event planners have long been attracted to Sydney's glittering harbour, ease of access, cutting-edge venues and accommodation, and no doubt its ‘bright lights, big city feel'. And this year we really wanted to reinforce the breadth and depth of the city's offer. There's certainly no grounds for any ‘been there, done that' sentiment. Sydney is a dynamic, diverse and vibrant city. The Sydney and New South Wales Event Planner's Guide is the perfect vehicle to showcase what really draws events back to the harbour city time and time again," comments Lyn Lewis-Smith, Chief Executive Officer of BESydney.
"In this year's EPG we highlight the many billions of dollars' worth of new developments underway in the city, we quiz some famous locals about their ‘secret Sydney', reveal some of the city's event jewels and also provide an insight into the diverse options that exist throughout regional NSW."
This year will also be the second year that BESydney has taken its popular EPG online. A digital edition will offer event planners a heightened level of interactivity and the ability to access the resource on the go.
"Many of our clients that use our free event planning service, AccessNSW, are glued to their iPads! This year's digital guide has been developed for iPads and traditional desktop and laptop computers, and includes hundreds of direct links through to suppliers and video content to bring the city to life," adds Lyn Lewis-Smith.
Samantha Kelliher, Marketing and Communications Manager at Broadcast Australia is a regular user of both the AcccessNSW service and the EPG. "At Broadcast Australia we work very closely with the broadcast and telecommunications industries. So when we have meetings or events, we know that our attendees have seen and enjoyed some of world's leading venues and experiences. Over the last two years, when we are planning a meeting or event that needs to be unique, our first port of call is Business Events Sydney's free venue-finding service AccessNSW and the pages of their Event Planner's Guide. Both offerings take the running around out of trying to find a suitable space in Sydney that meets all of our specifications," Samantha comments.
Both the digital and print editions of the 2012/13 Sydney and New South Wales Event Planner's Guide will be launched at AIME 2012 on Tuesday 21 February.
The digital edition will accessible via www.businesseventssydney.com.au from 21 February.
BESydney worked with industry media specialists, The Intermedia Group, to deliver its 2012/13 Sydney and New South Wales Event Planner's Guide.
Summary of information contained in the Sydney and New South Wales Event Planner's Guide:
- Listings of venues to cater for events for 2 to 20,000, or more
- Listings of the latest accommodation options
- Listings for the leading conference and event organisers, as well as business events service providers
- Insights into the best group food experiences in New South Wales
- Information about the city's favourite, and lesser known, attractions
- Details of some of Sydney's best private dining spaces
- Innovative ideas for enhancing your event experience, including the benefits of leveraging an iconic Sydney event.
- BESydney is a partnership between the New South Wales Government and the tourism industry.
- BESydney is a proactive organisation that has been successful in globally connecting Sydney through conventions, conferences, congresses, incentives and business meetings for over 40 years.
- BESydney promotes Sydney as a business events destination, identifies new event opportunities, and competes to bring these events to Sydney.
- BESydney has global network spanning Europe, Asia and the Americas (international offices are located in London, Montreal, Hong Kong and Shanghai). BESydney was the first Australian convention bureau to open an office in Asia.
For further details:
Marketing and Communications Manager
Business Events Sydney
Level 13, 80 William Street
Sydney NSW 2011 Australia
Ph: +61 2 9332 5218
M: +61 420 960 108